Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Beginning

Well, today I have decided to make myself incredibly vulnerable and share my weight loss journey with the whole world. I am the mother of two children, a toddler and an infant.

Losing weight after the first birth was pretty easy. I was two years younger, and was working at a Jazzercise Center. The center had a day-care and it only cost about $2.00 to drop off my baby and head to the dance floor for an hour. As a result I lost all my weight in about a month.

The second birth was a different story. I had a c-section with this one, and recovery took much longer. Also, we no longer live in the same town. I do not have the convenience of a Jazzercise with a day care and have to rely on some other avenue. I don't have a lot of friends in this new town either, but I know support from others is important. So I decided to start a blog and invite you all to join me on my journey to lose weight and get back in shape.

So here is the plan....for my meals, I started a weight loss program called Shapeworks and that will take care of my two meals and snacks. Then I just have to cook dinner. For fitness: I have the following equipment in house: weight machine, balance ball, treadmill, bands, hand-weights.

I will post my beginning weight and measurements (kinda scared to share that) and I am talking myself into posting "beginning" photos. That one is the most embarrassing so that might take some serious thought before deciding to do that.

Each day I will share my experiences, successes and challenges. I will post my weekly food plan and exercise schedule, and goals.

Please feel free to offer suggestions, and share your own experiences with your weight loss. I hope you join me, I don't want to do this alone. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment